Thursday, March 14, 2013

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Good Morning World..........
   I am foot loose and fancy free. It only took 16 months and a good attorney. Ending a 43 yr. marriage was not easy, but then again nothing in life is free or fair. The ending is really a beginning and I am learning my way in the world. It is scary and fun all at the same time.
  I do have a bucket list and a "fuck it" list and I am crossing things off of both.  I have learned so much in the last 2 years. It's time for me to get back in the saddle and start blogging again.
  In the last 3 and a half years, I have lost 112 lbs on my own, started exercising and eating right, hiking and got a personal trainer.  At the age of 60, I got a face lift and that my friends was the beginning of the end of my marriage.  Somebody felt threatened that I was becoming "me" again. 
  You see, I had been sick for years prior to that. I couldn't walk and was in a walking boot or wheel chair for a total of 4 years and 10 months. "Ice and elevate" was the doctors orders and so I did, gaining 100 lbs and a big ass. Well, the "husband" was another ass, but I'll save that for another day.  I was told that I was severely depressed and my X husband controlled my depression by giving me lots of antidepressants.
  One day I realized that I had become a Stepford Wife and I had to figure out how to claw my way out of an 8 ft deep pit........1/8 of an inch at a time. It took me several years, but I did it.
If I can do it, then anybody can. I have learned that I can do anything if I set my mind to it. Mountains?  I can move them or climb them, but it takes time and determination. We live in a world where we want everything NOW........well, people it takes time, so don't pressure yourself with deadlines. Just do it a tiny bit at a time and one day you'll wake up and find YOU, yep, the real deal, the whole enchilada, the person you were always suppose to be!
 Always to be continued............

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had to go through all that, my friend. But the best is yet to come. I'm looking forward to following your blog again. I've missed it. Hugs to you. Linda
    http://livingwithmyancestors.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete